Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 10:02 PM) i'll pick up a wiiu sometime. have always had the money for it, but i'm hesitant to do what i did with the wii i bought. buy a whole console for one game. But anyway, enjoy man. Nice catching up with you.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 10:01 PM) Yeah maybe i
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:52 PM) Ah, time for me to go, though. Need to bake for Easter dinner.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:52 PM) Well you can play 3U while waiting for MH4U to come out. Plenty to do in it, I'm at 1500 hours now, and there's a good amount of content that won't be in 4U.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:51 PM) Nice find. My computer died late last year, so I've been using a friend's old machine. Only 2GB of RAM, so I can't play anything big like Skyrim or Borderlands 2. FTL, Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain, Recettear and a bunch of other indie games run fine on it, though.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:48 PM) Oh thats nice. Maybe I'll pick one up. Though it is a long time away haha. Personally I've been getting into a small bit of computer gaming. Played Guild Wars 2 for a few months, and then moved on to Dota 2. Great game, but it has a level of frustrating that is unparalleled. And about two weeks ago, found an unopened copy of Skyrim legendary edition, at a yard sale for $10. Been occupying myself with that since. haha
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:43 PM) MH4G hits Japan this Autumn for the 3DS, the West gets it early 2015 for the 3DS.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:42 PM) Ahh, is there going to be US port of MH4U i'm assuming?
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:39 PM) I got a 3DS because I knew it was getting the next game and suspected that the WiiU would not.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:39 PM) You read that wrong, I don't have the money to import both a game and a system.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:38 PM) Oh you imported MH4? Or did i read that wrong.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:35 PM) I'm playing it on the 3DS. Cheaper, it's getting MH4U (WiiU isn't) and I have plenty of local friends to play with.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:35 PM) Not really. Partly due to importing being more expensive on the 3DS. You have to buy a Japanese 3DS as well as the game.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:33 PM) I never got around to getting a WiiU, though i always wanted to. Played Tri for hours and hours. Was HR999 about 6 months before they shut the servers down. Has the site grown much with the MH4 release?
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:31 PM) 3U. I rarely touch my PSP these days.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:30 PM) Are you playing unite or p3?
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:28 PM) Yeah i went straight for the HBG. i never realized how strong they were starting out if you know where to place your shots.
@  Jask : (20 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) I've started getting into bowguns, they're pretty fun.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:21 PM) Started up a new character in Unite. And it was a strange thing playing it again. It felt new almost. But, old knowledge helped me out.
@  Astraeus : (20 April 2014 - 09:19 PM) Was cleaning my room yesterday and doing some rearranging. Found my psp down under my bed. Haven't seen the thing in ages.

Photo

MH4 Neopteron Handler details

MH4 Monster Hunter 4 Neopteron Handler Insect Staff Bug Control Staff Hunting Bug 操虫棍 猟虫

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,745 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Alongside Generu Serutas, this week also brings new information on the new weapon type Neopteron Handler. 

yiV70op.jpg

First off we've been given a bit more information on the buff system. We already knew that you can get different extract colors depending on what part of the monster you hit, and that each of the four colors is associated with a buff type (white for speed, red for attack, orange for defense, green for health recover). Now we know that white can be added to a different color to enhance it. White + Orange will give you a large defense buff. You can also "double up" by getting two whites while another buff is active. For example, white + orange for Defense Up Large followed by white + white will give you an Earplugs effect. There's also an as yet unexplained "triple up" boost you can get by filling all three slots with white extract. It seems that we don't get a message stating the buff, like we do with HH, but instead we can identify the buff by the aura lines around around character and their color. Furthermore, extract colors also alter your attack moves. 

You can see some gameplay footage for Neopteron Handler in this video (skip to 9:58): 

The Neopteron Handler is different from other weapon types in that you upgrade the staff and the Hunting Bug separately. We can see five bug types shown in the screenshots: ザミールビートル (Zamiiru Beetle, power type), ハルキータ (Harukiita), ガルーヘル (Garuuheru, speed type), マルドローン (Maru Drone) and エボマルドローン (Ebo Maru Drone). Each has its own look, we've seen a butterfly ( ガルーヘル), a beetle (ザミールビートル), and a ladybug. You can mix and match these bugs with each of the staves, though it looks like there's a small item cost to doing so. The screenshots show equipping the Bone Glave with ガルーヘル requiring 2 Monster Bone+, 2 Generu Serutas claws, 1 Large Monster Bone, and 3 Frogs. Each Hunting Bug has its own stats, as you can guess by "speed type" and "power type". The stats for Hunting Bugs are Power, Stamina, Speed, and then one for each of the five elements. You can alter these stats by giving them bug food at the weaponsmith. These foods are acquired by gathering in quests and through quest rewards. The screenshots show two pages of bug food with the first page going up to 8 food types, so there are at least 8-16 foods, but if we assume that the list shown is incomplete, the pattern would suggest at least 40 different bug foods! Bug foods will increase stats but also decrease others. We can see Power Food: Fire that boosts Power and Fire Element by 1 each but reduces Water Element by 2. Hunting Bugs start off dealing shot-type damage to monsters, but you can use food to add element. As you give your Hunting Bugs food they gain points and eventually level up. 

AO9NekS.jpg UYNbmYP.jpg

Source:  http://trinfo.jp/blog-entry-921.html and http://www.capcom.co.../4/buki_01.html

Edited by Jask, 26 July 2013 - 01:26 AM.

If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#2 Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Fix-It Felix

• Staff
  • 1,047 posts
  • PSN:Felix_Duo
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Interesting. Very interesting. Sounds extremely versatile, though it also requires a little more work and a little more managing than the other weapons.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,745 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, complexity in exchange for power, perhaps. Similar to bowguns, but it looks like it will involve a little less prep work.
If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#4 ka_kui

ka_kui

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

very good info Jask ;)

#5 Nymeria

Nymeria

Nym of the North

• Staff
  • 442 posts
  • PSN:fyrespload
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow this weapon type continues to look so fun! If there was no region lock on my 3DS I would not be waiting the long and painful wait for it to be released in Canada. I'd be importing my copy like I did for MHP3rd! x'3

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MH4, Monster Hunter 4, Neopteron Handler, Insect Staff, Bug Control Staff, Hunting Bug, 操虫棍, 猟虫

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users