Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mad Hatter : (31 August 2014 - 08:17 AM) And I have officially eaten almost an entire watermelon over the course of the past few hours.
@  Mad Hatter : (31 August 2014 - 08:15 AM) I identify as a straight male-kin.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (31 August 2014 - 07:10 AM) Please don't start with that here.
@  OutteBill : (31 August 2014 - 06:50 AM) Notice one thing : at your profile, you can indicate your gender ("Not telling, Male or Female"). What if the person is a ladyboy ?
@  OutteBill : (31 August 2014 - 06:31 AM) Nevermind. I think I found it. Thanks for your help Jask !
@  OutteBill : (31 August 2014 - 06:20 AM) Sorry, still ask : could you post the link to the at.wiki please ? I found this one, ([url="http://www6.atwiki.jp/alter/pages/93.html"]http://www6.atwiki.j...r/pages/93.html[/url]) but I don't think this is the one you use Jask.
@  OutteBill : (31 August 2014 - 06:16 AM) Thanks Jask ! Yeah, I know MHF 1 is really old and a VERY few people still play it (I still ask just in case...).
@  barbanium : (30 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) If you guys are interested in watching MHFU multiplayer gameplay vids, please visit my channel at: https://www.youtube....er/TheBarbanium
@  barbanium : (30 August 2014 - 10:47 PM) Is there a thread here for YouTube-ers posting Monster Hunter gameplay vids?
@  barbanium : (30 August 2014 - 10:45 PM) Hello guys!
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) Yeah, just found the data on the atwiki, the second number is knockback, the third is stun. Thunder and Paralysis just mean that those attacks have those attributes, not related to the numbers next to them.
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 05:44 PM) Just found the Microguide, it doesn't give any explanation, not surprising, since it's a MICRO guide. Checking other sites. The first number is clearly the damage value, the second and third are probably knockback and stun or stun and knockback.
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) Remember, Freedom 1 came out 8 years ago, a lot of people here either didn't play it or haven't played it in many years.
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 05:27 PM) I would need to actually look at the guide to know how to read it.
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:23 AM) Oh ! Forgot this one too : still for Kirin in MHF 1 - Electric Shock 1 (40/Thunder 10/30-Paralysis). Thanks in advance !
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:20 AM) I'll came back later (tomorrow ?) to see if anyone can help me with that stuff. Have a nice day everyone !
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 AM) So...how do you read the Brady microguide attack chart ?
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM) I almost understood for poison stats : (Still for Kirin in MHF 1, about poison) : (200/75/500)(60dmg). Beginning with 200, each time you poison Kirin this value raise by 75 and cannot go higher than 500 (I'm sure I saw it in a faqs, but I forgot where...). Each success poisonning make 60 damages.
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 09:58 AM) I'm not sure if I will be here to read the answer through...
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 09:57 AM) How do you read this ? (About Kirin attacks in MHF 1) : Horn Lift (50/16/1).

Photo

MH4 Neopteron Handler details

MH4 Monster Hunter 4 Neopteron Handler Insect Staff Bug Control Staff Hunting Bug 操虫棍 猟虫

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,789 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Alongside Generu Serutas, this week also brings new information on the new weapon type Neopteron Handler. 

yiV70op.jpg

First off we've been given a bit more information on the buff system. We already knew that you can get different extract colors depending on what part of the monster you hit, and that each of the four colors is associated with a buff type (white for speed, red for attack, orange for defense, green for health recover). Now we know that white can be added to a different color to enhance it. White + Orange will give you a large defense buff. You can also "double up" by getting two whites while another buff is active. For example, white + orange for Defense Up Large followed by white + white will give you an Earplugs effect. There's also an as yet unexplained "triple up" boost you can get by filling all three slots with white extract. It seems that we don't get a message stating the buff, like we do with HH, but instead we can identify the buff by the aura lines around around character and their color. Furthermore, extract colors also alter your attack moves. 

You can see some gameplay footage for Neopteron Handler in this video (skip to 9:58): 

The Neopteron Handler is different from other weapon types in that you upgrade the staff and the Hunting Bug separately. We can see five bug types shown in the screenshots: ザミールビートル (Zamiiru Beetle, power type), ハルキータ (Harukiita), ガルーヘル (Garuuheru, speed type), マルドローン (Maru Drone) and エボマルドローン (Ebo Maru Drone). Each has its own look, we've seen a butterfly ( ガルーヘル), a beetle (ザミールビートル), and a ladybug. You can mix and match these bugs with each of the staves, though it looks like there's a small item cost to doing so. The screenshots show equipping the Bone Glave with ガルーヘル requiring 2 Monster Bone+, 2 Generu Serutas claws, 1 Large Monster Bone, and 3 Frogs. Each Hunting Bug has its own stats, as you can guess by "speed type" and "power type". The stats for Hunting Bugs are Power, Stamina, Speed, and then one for each of the five elements. You can alter these stats by giving them bug food at the weaponsmith. These foods are acquired by gathering in quests and through quest rewards. The screenshots show two pages of bug food with the first page going up to 8 food types, so there are at least 8-16 foods, but if we assume that the list shown is incomplete, the pattern would suggest at least 40 different bug foods! Bug foods will increase stats but also decrease others. We can see Power Food: Fire that boosts Power and Fire Element by 1 each but reduces Water Element by 2. Hunting Bugs start off dealing shot-type damage to monsters, but you can use food to add element. As you give your Hunting Bugs food they gain points and eventually level up. 

AO9NekS.jpg UYNbmYP.jpg

Source:  http://trinfo.jp/blog-entry-921.html and http://www.capcom.co.../4/buki_01.html

Edited by Jask, 26 July 2013 - 01:26 AM.

If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#2 Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Fix-It Felix

• Staff
  • 1,052 posts
  • PSN:Felix_Duo
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Interesting. Very interesting. Sounds extremely versatile, though it also requires a little more work and a little more managing than the other weapons.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,789 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, complexity in exchange for power, perhaps. Similar to bowguns, but it looks like it will involve a little less prep work.
If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#4 ka_kui

ka_kui

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

very good info Jask ;)

#5 Nymeria

Nymeria

Nym of the North

• Staff
  • 444 posts
  • PSN:fyrespload
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow this weapon type continues to look so fun! If there was no region lock on my 3DS I would not be waiting the long and painful wait for it to be released in Canada. I'd be importing my copy like I did for MHP3rd! x'3

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MH4, Monster Hunter 4, Neopteron Handler, Insect Staff, Bug Control Staff, Hunting Bug, 操虫棍, 猟虫

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users