Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) Gah f***, I'm going to go mad waiting for the next season of Korra. Waiting a week between episodes was torture, but this...with the finale being what it is...this is gonna be hard.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 06:04 AM) I'm using a singularity explosive. Trying to find a transfusion, that might make my life easier
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 06:03 AM) What kind of grenades are you using?
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 05:58 AM) If you didn't already know, all Torgue weapons deal almost double their displayed damage once you factor in the explosion. It would still pay to get a good blue or purple one though. And, hmm...that turret shield is notoriously fragile. It's really only good for blocking one big shot, rather than sustained attacks.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 05:41 AM) I can get through the first two phases, just that final phase is what gets me. It's not even Jack himself, it's all the minions (including that bloody flying dragon) that overwhelm me. Can't use my turret's shield either, because Jack closes in to melee and kills me anyway.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 05:37 AM) The problem with the assault rifle is: I can't find one. I'm rockin' with a Jakob's one, and the closest Torgue rifle I've found is weaker by roughly 4k attack.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 05:35 AM) I'm dealing 308k per trigger pull at point-blank. That's enough to kill his little minions for a second wind if I need it
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 05:30 AM) A good Torgue assault rifle might serve you better. Or even a pistol. As for the Jack Sorcerer...I got nothing. He was a pain for me too. I forget how I beat him. Slag?
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 05:26 AM) I've been using a Torgue shotgun since level 48, and getting at point-blank range is practically a death sentence for anything non-boss.

Therein lies the problem, the final boss of the DLC is kicking me around like I'm not worth a damn.
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 05:18 AM) Assault on Dragon Keep is also really hard. Easily the hardest DLC. I don't really have much advice on that one. Except maybe that Torgue guns come in handy against a lot of enemies.
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 05:15 AM) That and fire. Fire works great against all of them except the fire ones, obviously.
@  Mad Hatter : (23 August 2014 - 05:14 AM) Spike shields are good against the shamans. When they do their tornado attack they'll pretty much kill themselves by continuously hitting your shield.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 04:25 AM) Hammerlock's Hunt I haven't finished either, because those Shamans are a pain. I hate enemies that can level up at will, because they'll do it until they're nearly impossible to kill.
@  Jask : (23 August 2014 - 04:22 AM) I still haven't gotten around to that. I was maybe 1/3 to 1/2 way through Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt when my computer died. This one I'm using probably can't run the game.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 04:05 AM) Those Ork Chieftains...they're a nightmare.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (23 August 2014 - 04:02 AM) Finally going through the Tiny Tina DLC on Borderlands 2, and it's kicking my ass.
@  Jask : (23 August 2014 - 03:59 AM) Plus you don't have to search around and wait on shipping for games. Convenience, sales and huge catalog are the big draws on Steam.
@  Jask : (23 August 2014 - 03:59 AM) Point and click adventure games are pretty great, but there are a lot of other good genres on the PC that are worth checking out. As for DRM, the Steam side of it isn't very obtrusive and we haven't felt a bite from it so far. That could always change, but Valve is generally a pretty cool company.
@  Orpheo : (23 August 2014 - 03:44 AM) I prefer Good Old Games over Steam. No DRM and I prefer playing older point-&-click adventures to modern stuff on PC.
@  17dragonboy : (23 August 2014 - 12:24 AM) I'll say it looks unique and interesting.

Photo

MH3G Dex for beginners