Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 06:13 PM) I can't detect a color change until burnt :/
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 05:03 PM) When the music stops playing that means you need to start paying attention. Very quickly the meat will shift slightly darker (undercooked), darker (well done), and darkest (burnt). You have to push at just the right time during the color change.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 02:37 PM) ...or not
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 02:32 PM) It seems like I'm supposed to stop cooking at the end of the song instead of when it changes colors.
@  dunpeal : (23 July 2014 - 02:16 PM) Yeah, Monster Hunter almost makes me as hungry as the imagination food in Hook
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 02:12 PM) Oh, I almost forgot; for 5,000 Pokke points (I think) you can purchase a higher end BBQ spit allowing you to roast meat easier. On a side-note, is it just me or does the food in Monster Hunter make everyone extremely hungry? Not only the BBQ'ing but also the look of that spread on your dining table after the cats cook you a meal.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 01:50 PM) Practice petting poogie, that may help. There's also an early Gathering Village Quest that helps you learn. If still facing trouble you can eventually have your kitchen cat(s) cook them for you between missions. Since you're starting over you won't have access to Alchemy yet unless you craft some gems into an Alchemy armor set, then you can combine Burnt Meat with an Insect Husk to produce Raw Meat so you've another chance to cook it right. :)
@  dunpeal : (23 July 2014 - 01:31 PM) Trying to cook them in the first game has been miserable compared to 3U
@  Jask : (23 July 2014 - 07:19 AM) I didn't realize the timing changed. Been a while since I played Unite.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 06:39 AM) I'm not used to cooking steaks in FU. They're always burnt.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:28 AM) I'm sure you can guess what the predominant language for the JP version is... ;) Also, they have P3rd in JP which I think many are playing rather than Unite; that's just a guess thought as I can't read Japanese and the 'Find Room' feature doesn't work because MHFU is technically a different game than MH2G, so it doesn't automatically match you up.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:26 AM) EU version seems to get a lot of people that speak other languages like Spanish, French, and Italian; I'm not bilingual and found English speakers rare.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) I used to have all 3 versions but now I just use U.S.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 03:22 AM) It's not a MH game
@  Jask : (23 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) Oh, remaster of P3rd HD. I was thrown off by the mention of PSP.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 03:09 AM) Yes that's what I meant. It comes with the Japanese version of ad hoc party
@  Jask : (23 July 2014 - 03:08 AM) He meant the Japanese version of the PS3 Ad Hoc Party program.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 03:04 AM) I do own a PSP remaster that has the Japanese version.
@  Astraeus : (23 July 2014 - 01:49 AM) just use the japanese version of adhoc party. the us and eu version never left launch version, while the jp version was updated. voice chat and room chat work fine now. and it looks nicer
@  Orpheo : (22 July 2014 - 09:47 PM) Accepted. :)

Photo

MH3G Dex for beginners