Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:23 AM) Oh ! Forgot this one too : still for Kirin in MHF 1 - Electric Shock 1 (40/Thunder 10/30-Paralysis). Thanks in advance !
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:20 AM) I'll came back later (tomorrow ?) to see if anyone can help me with that stuff. Have a nice day everyone !
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 AM) So...how do you read the Brady microguide attack chart ?
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 10:16 AM) I almost understood for poison stats : (Still for Kirin in MHF 1, about poison) : (200/75/500)(60dmg). Beginning with 200, each time you poison Kirin this value raise by 75 and cannot go higher than 500 (I'm sure I saw it in a faqs, but I forgot where...). Each success poisonning make 60 damages.
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 09:58 AM) I'm not sure if I will be here to read the answer through...
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 09:57 AM) How do you read this ? (About Kirin attacks in MHF 1) : Horn Lift (50/16/1).
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 09:56 AM) Can anyone help me ?
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 07:24 AM) Sorry ! I didn't read all the post ! I miss many post since my last visit (I think Minegarde has also this "Time Warp" recently !).
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 07:09 AM) That would be either the 3DS XL with the CPP or the New 3DS XL.
@  OutteBill : (30 August 2014 - 06:50 AM) I want a 3DSXL with 2 circle pads...
@  BizzarreCoyote : (30 August 2014 - 03:51 AM) I've been looking for an excuse to get an XL anyway.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (30 August 2014 - 03:50 AM) I hope we do get the new 3DS systems in time for 4U
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 02:07 AM) The series is getting more popular, and Europe at least got generic system bundles for Tri and 3U.
@  Mad Hatter : (30 August 2014 - 01:53 AM) Sometimes dreams are all we have.
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 01:52 AM) I'm really hoping we get that, or something similar. Kind of unlikely, but a man can dream.
@  Orpheo : (30 August 2014 - 01:50 AM) New 3DS to be bundled with MH4U in JPN. http://kotaku.com/a-...be-g-1628397698
@  Jask : (30 August 2014 - 12:26 AM) Considering how long they waited to move to the 3DS I think you'll be safe.
@  Mad Hatter : (29 August 2014 - 11:06 PM) I better not need to upgrade to play the next gen of pokemon.
@  Jask : (29 August 2014 - 09:32 PM) The New 3DS won't be hitting the West until some time next year. Hopefully in time for 4U.
@  Orpheo : (29 August 2014 - 08:29 PM) Aye, thanks for the heads-up Jask. I've decided to sell my Vita in the hopes of getting a 3DS with the money from the sale. Maybe I'll get to scoop up one of these.

Photo

Athena's Charm Table Search for MH3G and MH3U

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Kai:AthenaADP
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

htfZYI0.jpg

Download link.

This tool lets you explore all the possible charms across all charm tables in MH3G/MH3U.

There is also a detailed FAQ supplied (in the Help menu) that should hopefully answer all your questions.

Let me know if there are any bugs, or if you want me to add more FAQs.

[Update: Mar 14, 2013] v0.33b: Added multi-language support, added RNG/seed info on right-click, updated FAQ.

[Update: Mar 23, 2013] v0.34b: Added official English translations, and unofficial(?) French translations by RainbowRollD.

[Update: Jul 02, 2013] v0.35b: Rearranged the UI, sorted skills alphabetically, improved skill names/FAQ. Added export to text function.

Edited by AthenaADP, 02 July 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#2 Vuze

Vuze

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Very cool! I haven't checked it out yet since I'm on my mobile, so I don't know if you included it, but is there also info on the seed and random number of the charm? And is the fish lady charm determination included? Would make this the perfect tool for every charm belonging! (Btw, would also love to see multi language support as always ;D)

Edited by Vuze, 10 March 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Always the latest Monster Hunter News: http://youtube.com/MHVuze

#3 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Not at the moment. I suppose I could add the seed data, etc. (and multi-lingual support).

I don't have the Fishmongress data, though I wish I did.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#4 Joker

Joker

Slayer of Demons

• Staff
  • 1,204 posts
  • PSN:General_Wargasm
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Athena, I tried editing the topic title twice and it didn't fix the title either.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

EDIT: I've changed the topic title to what you see now, Athena. It seems that you can no longer have a string of capitals in the topic title. That's something to do with the new board changes so I'm unsure if it's reversible or not.

Edited by Joker, 10 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Need help with the forums? Feel free to PM me!

Moderatin' since 2010.

#5 Champz

Champz

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Azure_Abyss
  • PSN:Crisis-Core_56
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh man this is cool, been looking for something like this for awhile! Thanks alot :D

#6 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

It seems that you can no longer have a string of capitals in the topic title. That's something to do with the new board changes so I'm unsure if it's reversible or not.

Thanks, Joker. Does that mean if I make a topic entitled "SA is OP", then it will be converted to "Sa is Op"? LOL (or rather, Lol)

Check out my MH3U ASS

#7 ZenTea

ZenTea

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I just wanted to say thank you so much for making this.

#8 Joker

Joker

Slayer of Demons

• Staff
  • 1,204 posts
  • PSN:General_Wargasm
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thanks, Joker. Does that mean if I make a topic entitled "SA is OP", then it will be converted to "Sa is Op"? LOL (or rather, Lol)

I'd imagine so, yeah.

I created a test thread here in the MH3U board to see if I could find a way around it but didn't have any luck!

Need help with the forums? Feel free to PM me!

Moderatin' since 2010.

#9 RainbowRollD

RainbowRollD

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Nintendo ID:mindscarp
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

This is an awesome tool!

@AthenaADP I sent you a PM about a translation.

#10 ZenTea

ZenTea

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Not sure exactly where I should post this but Yuri (Capcom employee) has said this morning he spoke with the Dev team and the Western release will been the same as the Japanese version,tables and all.

here's the quote:

"Hey guys, sorry I haven't had the time to investigate this issue in its entirety. It seems this discussion is going into some really good depth and detail though.

However, I finally heard back from the Dev team, and MH3U is the same as MH3G as far as charm tables go. You are locked to one table as you create your character. I did not get any reasoning behind this choice, but hopefully this won't be too much of a problem - especially with the tools you guys are finding online.
Once again the feedback was sent, but I'd like to hear how you feel about this in a couple of months, and see if your impressions on the subject have changed.
"

link - http://www.capcom-un...h-v032b?pg=last

Edited by ZenTea, 11 March 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#11 KB5

KB5

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for this! Very helpful.

In your "Help" menu you have something in there that says you don't have an english version of the fishmonger site. This video has a link in the description that goes to an english input site which outputs to the japaense site. Pretty helpful.

Video:

Link: http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/

Also, is there any explanation of the different colors for the charms? I didn't see it in the Help section.

#12 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,789 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Different colors are different rarities. White is the lowest, then I think yellow then blue, with red being the highest.
If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#13 Andras

Andras

Khezu Whelp

• Clan Leader
  • 155 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Andrasteris
  • PSN:Andrasteris
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Freaking awesome video, definitely going to sink some time into getting one of the better tables... Many, many thanks for posting it.

.: Love, we need it now. Let's hope for some. :.

.: Powerful simplicity from the song Ho-Hey by the Lumineers. :.

#14 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,789 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

It was done by Vuze, who you may remember from his work on MHP2G/Unite conversions and translating the P3rd quest editor. He's done a lot of work for the community.
If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.

#15 KB5

KB5

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yes, Vuze's video is fantastic. The subtitles provided are very helpful as well. This combined with the Japanese guide on "choosing" your Charm Table will at least give me a chance!

#16 Leon_ADP

Leon_ADP

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

What a legend:-D This is really helpful, thanks for putting in the time!

#17 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I just updated it to v0.33b.

You can now right-click on charms to see RNG/seed data, for use in charm sniping.

It now supports multiple languages. Any language files in the Language folder are automatically loaded.

I updated the FAQ, adding in the timing info for landing of specific tables. Also, apparently cursed tables 12 and 16 can't get Rustshards, which are needed for Atea and Atea X armor. Weird.

After some investigation, I have a horrible feeling that charm tables have different drop rates for rare items. Not sure, though.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#18 KB5

KB5

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Athena! Awesome stuff.

Can you explain the RNG/Seed info in relation to charm sniping? I thought charm sniping had to do with fixing the number of charms you get per run, but it seems its even more involved than that.

#19 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,789 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I just updated it to v0.33b.

You can now right-click on charms to see RNG/seed data, for use in charm sniping.

It now supports multiple languages. Any language files in the Language folder are automatically loaded.

I updated the FAQ, adding in the timing info for landing of specific tables. Also, apparently cursed tables 12 and 16 can't get Rustshards, which are needed for Atea and Atea X armor. Weird.

After some investigation, I have a horrible feeling that charm tables have different drop rates for rare items. Not sure, though.

Even though you clearly stated that you meant the item used for Atea armor, a lot of people are skimming and thinking you meant ruststones. I'm going around correcting people.

Thanks Athena! Awesome stuff.

Can you explain the RNG/Seed info in relation to charm sniping? I thought charm sniping had to do with fixing the number of charms you get per run, but it seems its even more involved than that.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. There are lists that show how many charms give the best chances of a specific talisman in a certain table. You go mining and make sure you get that number of timeworn/shining charms and drop all mystery charms/ruststones/ancientstones.

#20 KB5

KB5

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Even though you clearly stated that you meant the item used for Atea armor, a lot of people are skimming and thinking you meant ruststones. I'm going around correcting people.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. There are lists that show how many charms give the best chances of a specific talisman in a certain table. You go mining and make sure you get that number of timeworn/shining charms and drop all mystery charms/ruststones/ancientstones.

Thanks, very interesting. Is there a link to those lists? And how do people find this stuff in Japanese, I'm beyond impressed.

There was also a GameFaqs post that addressed RNG and Seed info differently - timing it kind of like you do with choosing a Charm Table. Link to that post here: http://www.gamefaqs....81426/737616552

All this stuff will take me forever to get to anyways. Just another thing to obsess about waiting for MH3U!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users