Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 10:25 PM) The first time I played FU I took 40 minutes to kill the Giadrome. Haha.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 09:54 PM) And FU monsters don't die too fast, you're just 1337. ;) Anyone who's played a Monster Hunter before will have an easier time than someonw who hasn't because they're already aware of monster patterns. :)
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 09:53 PM) Yeah, it can be hard to see but it's possible; I would think it easier to notice on Vita than PSP with its beter screen. Still, if you can't there's also using Poogie. If you can nail petting Poogie to perfection (when a heart pops up above Poogie's head) then you've got the timing down for cooking well-done steaks as it's the same. Maybe the audio route is the way to go for you. Regardless, it gets easier once you've got at least one skilled cooking cat as a level 9 (max) generally won't burn steaks.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 07:19 PM) FU monsters die too fast. I kill them before they limp
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 06:13 PM) I can't detect a color change until burnt :/
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 05:03 PM) When the music stops playing that means you need to start paying attention. Very quickly the meat will shift slightly darker (undercooked), darker (well done), and darkest (burnt). You have to push at just the right time during the color change.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 02:37 PM) ...or not
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 02:32 PM) It seems like I'm supposed to stop cooking at the end of the song instead of when it changes colors.
@  dunpeal : (23 July 2014 - 02:16 PM) Yeah, Monster Hunter almost makes me as hungry as the imagination food in Hook
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 02:12 PM) Oh, I almost forgot; for 5,000 Pokke points (I think) you can purchase a higher end BBQ spit allowing you to roast meat easier. On a side-note, is it just me or does the food in Monster Hunter make everyone extremely hungry? Not only the BBQ'ing but also the look of that spread on your dining table after the cats cook you a meal.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 01:50 PM) Practice petting poogie, that may help. There's also an early Gathering Village Quest that helps you learn. If still facing trouble you can eventually have your kitchen cat(s) cook them for you between missions. Since you're starting over you won't have access to Alchemy yet unless you craft some gems into an Alchemy armor set, then you can combine Burnt Meat with an Insect Husk to produce Raw Meat so you've another chance to cook it right. :)
@  dunpeal : (23 July 2014 - 01:31 PM) Trying to cook them in the first game has been miserable compared to 3U
@  Jask : (23 July 2014 - 07:19 AM) I didn't realize the timing changed. Been a while since I played Unite.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 06:39 AM) I'm not used to cooking steaks in FU. They're always burnt.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:28 AM) I'm sure you can guess what the predominant language for the JP version is... ;) Also, they have P3rd in JP which I think many are playing rather than Unite; that's just a guess thought as I can't read Japanese and the 'Find Room' feature doesn't work because MHFU is technically a different game than MH2G, so it doesn't automatically match you up.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:26 AM) EU version seems to get a lot of people that speak other languages like Spanish, French, and Italian; I'm not bilingual and found English speakers rare.
@  Orpheo : (23 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) I used to have all 3 versions but now I just use U.S.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 03:22 AM) It's not a MH game
@  Jask : (23 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) Oh, remaster of P3rd HD. I was thrown off by the mention of PSP.
@  Emitan : (23 July 2014 - 03:09 AM) Yes that's what I meant. It comes with the Japanese version of ad hoc party

Photo

Dual Sword Armor Sets

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lawliet

Lawliet

Basarios

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • PSN:Lawliettx
  • Kai:Lawliett
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Now that I've made all of the dual swords that I need I'm gonna start farming up armor set for them. After searching for a bit, it seems like some people prefer elemental armor sets while others prefer either the Narga evade/stamina set or the Sharpness + 1 + Sharpening Inc set. Anything that you guys would recommend in particular?
Posted Image

#2 Lightningrave

Lightningrave

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • PSN:Psycho5050
  • Kai:Psycho5050
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Element Atk Up, Sharpness +1, Evade +1, and Spd Sharpening is a great set. It's pretty much a bit of everything but the set requires a really good charm if you want Spd Sharpening

I say if you are solo'ing then spd sharpening is a must but when hunting in groups then you really don't need it

MHP3rd: Frost (HR 6) | MH Tri: Frost (HR 236) | MHFO: Frost (HR 110 ID:J41BA7) | MH3U: Frost (HR 110)

NNID: LightningRave (add me on Miiverse, i accept all)

#3 Lawliet

Lawliet

Basarios

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Charms aren't a problem, could you tell me what pieces are needed for that set though?

Edited by Lawliet, 26 June 2011 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

#4 SemajChaos

SemajChaos

Victus Lucifer

• Clan Leader
  • 3,034 posts
  • PSN:Sovereign_Chaos
  • LocationJapan

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

If you can live without defensive skills, Sharpness+1/Sharp Sword/Sharpening Skill Inc/Unleashed+2 is pretty nice imo:

Jinouga Helm (Low rank)
Amatsu
Jinouga (Low rank)
Vangis
Amatsu
Charm: +5 Sharpsword
* Requires 1 weapon/charm slot.

Defense is a piddly 370~ something though, but as far as I've been using it, I haven't have that much issues with it.

Sharpness+1/Sharpening Skill Inc/Element atk Up/Awaken+2 is also worth looking at as a lazy-boy-no-swap-all-around elemental set.

†("ಠ_ಠ)OFFICIAL APPRENTICE OF DRAKO†

#5 Lightningrave

Lightningrave

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

okay I was wrong about one thing, You don't need a good charm for Spd Sharpening but you still need a great charm.
All sets require no weapon slots

here is a list:

Spd Sharpening,Sharpness+1,Elem Attack Up,Evade+1

These are generated by "MHP3 Armor Set Simulator ver.0.9.3- Translated by Siezer v1.2"

Spoiler

These are Generated by "Athena's A.S.S. for MHP3rd v1.3b"

Spoiler

Edited by Lightningrave, 26 June 2011 - 08:04 AM.

MHP3rd: Frost (HR 6) | MH Tri: Frost (HR 236) | MHFO: Frost (HR 110 ID:J41BA7) | MH3U: Frost (HR 110)

#6 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • Kai:AthenaADP
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

The easiest to obtain charms that give you no weapon slots are either Elemental +5, 1 slot and/or Elemental +2, 3 slots.
I'd recommend just sucking up 1 weapon slot and going with:

Damascus Helm
Barioth Mail S
Damascus Vambraces
Damascus Coil
Storm Pants

Just because a +5 Elemental charm with no slots is about 10 times more common.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#7 Lawliet

Lawliet

Basarios

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

EAU stacks with specific element increases like Thunder Atk, correct?
Posted Image

#8 Lightningrave

Lightningrave

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

EAU stacks with specific element increases like Thunder Atk, correct?

That is correct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users