If you have ever wanted a particular set of armor skills, but didn't know what armor pieces/gems to equip, then you probably posted about it in DevilTrigger's Armor Set thread (or one of the others). This program is an alternative (NOT a replacement) to that. Choose up to five armor skills, how many weapon slots you can spare and see what's possible.
Download it here.
- You can ignore Piercings (SSP, Barrage, Aspire, etc) if you don't have them yet
- You can filter out any sets that give negative (bad) skills
- You can allow Torso Inc pieces or not as you prefer
- You can allow "dummy" items or not
- You can right-click armor and decorations in the solutions box and Advanced Search columns to see the skills/materials
- You can specify what HR and level of Village quests you have access to, filtering out armor you can't make yet
- You can use either the translated TeamHGG patch "language" for MHP2ndG or the official MHFU English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- Use the Advanced Search feature to filter out specific armor/decorations pieces you don't want/have. It also uses a slightly better (but slower) algorithm.
- It's pretty fast. Typical searches of 3 skills take about a second on my 2.1 GHz Core2Duo, although your milage may vary. Requesting more skills is slower.
If you don't get any results, you can try using more weapon slots, or removing a skill. Also, check that you're not searching for Blademaster-only skills for a Gunner (or vice versa)!
You can also try an Advanced Search, which is a little bit slower but generally produces more solutions.
The Male/Female option only affects the NAMES of some of the armor pieces, eg. Obituary vs. Butterfly.
When focused, Ctrl-A selects all text on the solution text-box, and you can use Ctrl-F to search it.
All the data is stored in simple text format in the Data folder. If you want to use it, go right ahead!
You will need .NET Framework 2.0 or higher, or 3.5 on x64 systems. Confirmed to work on WinXP, Vista, and Win7.
(Thanks blueyx and SoulG)
If you get an error message about the application configuration being incorrect, you may need to install the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable.
If you have over-protective Anti-Virus software, you may have to adjust your settings and/or mark the program as "trusted".
Thanks to Cefal for confirming this with Norton.
Things the program does NOT do:
- Show EVERY possible combination. Just the "optimal" solutions as determined by the search heuristic.
- Optimize decorations/gems perfectly. Most of the time it doesn't matter though.
- Show you what it will look like. I seriously doubt this will ever be possible, sadly.
If you want to link to this from within your FAQ/Compendium/Whatever then by all means, go right ahead. You don't need to ask permission, although I would prefer you to at least credit me. Don't link to the download directly, however, since it will be removed and replaced with another one whenever I do any updates.
If you find any errors, especially armor combos that you know work but it doesn't find, let me know!
In any case, feedback, comments, suggestions for improvement etc. are much appreciated!
Thanks to DevilTrigger, tsun001, blueyx, Mauzer, kai, midgemage, Sloth, Hamtaro, and everyone who works the armor set requests. You guys rock!
Update Aug 10, 2010: Torso Inc is now considered, fixed the "Worry" skill not working. Also it remembers your last settings and results and automatically loads them when you start it.
Update Aug 18, 2010: Fixed some bugs. Should work correctly on .NET Framework 2.0 as promised.
Update Aug 24 2010: Major update. Solution text-box searching and filtering of Torso Inc pieces. Advanced Search.
Update Sep 23 2010: Fixed some bugs, added filtering of dummy parts. Improved decoration algorithm.
Update Sep 24 2010: Fixed a crash, added ability to resize Advanced Search window nicely.
Update Dec 02 2010: Many performance increases, added ability to right-click armor/decorations for more info, sorting, French and German languages.
Update Dec 25 2010: Fixed some bugs, added Spanish and Italian languages.
Update Apr 26 2011: Fixed Flat-Footed bug, tweaked some UI, added multi-threading (~3x faster on multi-core CPUs)
Edited by AthenaADP, 16 August 2013 - 05:38 AM.