Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  OutteBill : (01 September 2014 - 08:57 AM) Thanks for the answer you both ! So I don't need to bother break both wings, only one is fine.
@  Mad Hatter : (01 September 2014 - 08:45 AM) I could have sworn each wing gave you a chance at a wyvern claw or a webbing or something.
@  Jask : (01 September 2014 - 08:42 AM) It depends on the monster. I think usually wing breaks only give one reward. Raths only give you one reward for breaking the wings (one wing or both wings, doesn't matter).
@  Mad Hatter : (01 September 2014 - 07:19 AM) Each wing gives you a chance of obtaining a part, I believe.
@  OutteBill : (01 September 2014 - 06:07 AM) Trying to read "Yesterday's Shouts"...nothing appears...
@  OutteBill : (01 September 2014 - 06:05 AM) I need to clarify some thing about Monster Hunter's game : when you break monster's part, you get some item at the reward screen for having breaken those part. I just wonder : what about the wings ? Do you have to break both wings ? Or only breaking 1 wing is enough to get item at the reward screen ?
@  OutteBill : (01 September 2014 - 06:00 AM) Hi !
@  BizzarreCoyote : (01 September 2014 - 04:20 AM) You buy the first two expansions like always, MZero. From that point, you get an extra page every 100 HR, as I recall.
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM) The least would be about 15. :)
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM) The most number of people I've seen in that room is 42.
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:14 PM) You can follow this full tutorial on how to connect to Tunngle: http://forums.ppsspp...d.php?tid=12714
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:13 PM) Once you got PPSSPP and MHFU [US]
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:12 PM) Most of the people in Tunngle play the US version of the game, so it's better to have that
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:12 PM) If it does, load the MHFU ISO
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 08:12 PM) You gotta make sure PPSSPP works for your PC
@  MZeroEW2 : (31 August 2014 - 07:56 PM) im all wrapped up in Monster Hunter Frontier G
@  Jask : (31 August 2014 - 07:56 PM) I haven't been on Xlink in year, so I'm not sure. I suspect not many. I've never had any problems with Ad Hoc Party, though it may be pretty quiet these days
@  MZeroEW2 : (31 August 2014 - 07:56 PM) i do know that ad-hoc party is no longer updated sadly
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 07:56 PM) some play MHP3rd, but most play MHFU :D
@  barbanium : (31 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) As I am talking right now, there are 32 people in MHFU room of Tunngle

Photo

Athena's Armor Set Search

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Kai:AthenaADP
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

If you have ever wanted a particular set of armor skills, but didn't know what armor pieces/gems to equip, then you probably posted about it in DevilTrigger's Armor Set thread (or one of the others). This program is an alternative (NOT a replacement) to that. Choose up to five armor skills, how many weapon slots you can spare and see what's possible.

YMkz7.jpg

Download it here.

Some notes:

• You can ignore Piercings (SSP, Barrage, Aspire, etc) if you don't have them yet
  • You can filter out any sets that give negative (bad) skills
  • You can allow Torso Inc pieces or not as you prefer
  • You can allow "dummy" items or not
  • You can right-click armor and decorations in the solutions box and Advanced Search columns to see the skills/materials
  • You can specify what HR and level of Village quests you have access to, filtering out armor you can't make yet
  • You can use either the translated TeamHGG patch "language" for MHP2ndG or the official MHFU English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
  • Use the Advanced Search feature to filter out specific armor/decorations pieces you don't want/have. It also uses a slightly better (but slower) algorithm.
  • It's pretty fast. Typical searches of 3 skills take about a second on my 2.1 GHz Core2Duo, although your milage may vary. Requesting more skills is slower.

If you don't get any results, you can try using more weapon slots, or removing a skill. Also, check that you're not searching for Blademaster-only skills for a Gunner (or vice versa)!
You can also try an Advanced Search, which is a little bit slower but generally produces more solutions.
The Male/Female option only affects the NAMES of some of the armor pieces, eg. Obituary vs. Butterfly.

When focused, Ctrl-A selects all text on the solution text-box, and you can use Ctrl-F to search it.

All the data is stored in simple text format in the Data folder. If you want to use it, go right ahead!

You will need .NET Framework 2.0 or higher, or 3.5 on x64 systems. Confirmed to work on WinXP, Vista, and Win7.
(Thanks blueyx and SoulG)
If you get an error message about the application configuration being incorrect, you may need to install the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable.
If you have over-protective Anti-Virus software, you may have to adjust your settings and/or mark the program as "trusted".
Thanks to Cefal for confirming this with Norton.

Things the program does NOT do:

• Show EVERY possible combination. Just the "optimal" solutions as determined by the search heuristic.
  • Optimize decorations/gems perfectly. Most of the time it doesn't matter though.
  • Show you what it will look like. I seriously doubt this will ever be possible, sadly.

If you want to link to this from within your FAQ/Compendium/Whatever then by all means, go right ahead. You don't need to ask permission, although I would prefer you to at least credit me. Don't link to the download directly, however, since it will be removed and replaced with another one whenever I do any updates.

If you find any errors, especially armor combos that you know work but it doesn't find, let me know!
In any case, feedback, comments, suggestions for improvement etc. are much appreciated!

Thanks to DevilTrigger, tsun001, blueyx, Mauzer, kai, midgemage, Sloth, Hamtaro, and everyone who works the armor set requests. You guys rock!

Update Aug 10, 2010: Torso Inc is now considered, fixed the "Worry" skill not working. Also it remembers your last settings and results and automatically loads them when you start it.
Update Aug 18, 2010: Fixed some bugs. Should work correctly on .NET Framework 2.0 as promised.
Update Aug 24 2010: Major update. Solution text-box searching and filtering of Torso Inc pieces. Advanced Search.
Update Sep 23 2010: Fixed some bugs, added filtering of dummy parts. Improved decoration algorithm.
Update Sep 24 2010: Fixed a crash, added ability to resize Advanced Search window nicely.
Update Dec 02 2010: Many performance increases, added ability to right-click armor/decorations for more info, sorting, French and German languages.
Update Dec 25 2010: Fixed some bugs, added Spanish and Italian languages.
Update Apr 26 2011: Fixed Flat-Footed bug, tweaked some UI, added multi-threading (~3x faster on multi-core CPUs)

Edited by AthenaADP, 16 August 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#2 Virtuos

Virtuos

Basarios

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Kai:Virtuos
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

all i can say is....

....epic. +rep fo joo

Posted Image
aegid.

#3 Jmo1link

Jmo1link

EbilJoe

• Honorary
  • 234 posts
  • PSN:jmo1link
  • Kai:Jmo1link(inactive)
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

I like the look of Athena's A.S.S. ;D

#4 Mr. Popo

Mr. Popo

Rep Whore

• Honorary
  • 403 posts
  • LocationAfghanistan

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

I'll be sure to use Athena's A.S.S.

(in all seriousness, I will. This is pretty awesome)
Halcyon-Dtier: My wife is awesome at whacking my peen
Halcyon-Dtier: I arrive like a tank through a brick wall

#5 Coma

Coma

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

dat A.S.S.
I demand a seemingly larger space for signatures.

#6 Kwon

Kwon

Basarios

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBrunei Darussalam

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

Pretty nice program, and a nice name to go with it. :D
Posted Image

#7 Rezard

Rezard

Basarios

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Awesome.

#8 blueyx

blueyx

Cursed Marionette

• Staff
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Nice one, Athena. And yes, it does work on WinXP.

#9 Molo

Molo

Basarios

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

Awesome indeed :)
Posted Image

#10 Ndog921

Ndog921

Basarios

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Kai:wish i had one :(
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

anychance you can port it to mac?
Posted Image
sig made by Aegid

#11 Nuno

Nuno

Basarios

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

omg +rep u are really good making mhu software :)

ps: i <3 ur A.S.S

ps2: u should make this for mh3 too

#12 Usul

Usul

Sand Whale

• Members
  • 2,628 posts
  • Kai:Usul
  • LocationAfghanistan

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

Kudos! Simply fantastic. :)

#13 サイレント

サイレント

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Well done, Very useful :D
MHFOjp: サイレント ~ HR:999 弓:350 太刀:300 双剣:250 大剣:200
YouTube

#14 Gary

Gary

Basarios

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • PSN:jwGary
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Nice A.S.S., very useful

And like it was requested before, any chance you can make it for Macs? (pain having to use a slower and older computer for it)

Unite: HR 9, MHP3: HR 6. MH3U: HR 4 (solo)

#15 Nosuke

Nosuke

Sand Whale

• Members
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

+rep

EDIT: There is a few things I wanna do but I cant

I wanted CTRL+ F to search for better alternative part bt cant
Is it possible to export the file out to a clipboard?

#16 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! Posted Image

@Nosuke, I can add a copy-to-clipboard feature in the next update, that's pretty easy. For now, you can select the text and Ctrl-C copy and Ctrl-V paste it into Notepad and use the search feature there.

@Ndog921 and Gary, I don't know if I will be able to port it to Mac...perhaps it will work in Wine? I can't really test this myself as I don't have a Mac. I am interested, Gary, in knowing how fast it runs on your older computer, and what CPU and RAM it has?

@Nuno, Yes I am considering making a similar program for MH3(Tri). The main problem is deciding what to do about the charm things that are randomly generated. They are created according to a set of rules, but I don't think I can just assume that everyone has access to every possible charm...

BTW, it is really easy to add more languages, I just need a list of the armor, skill and decoration names.
If anyone knows of any such non-English resources, I can add those in, too.

Check out my MH3U ASS

#17 Nuno

Nuno

Basarios

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

@Nuno, Yes I am considering making a similar program for MH3(Tri). The main problem is deciding what to do about the charm things that are randomly generated. They are created according to a set of rules, but I don't think I can just assume that everyone has access to every possible charm...

u could make a "charm database" when u place some usefull charms ppl would need to make armour

i suggest u check nosuke's armour library and use all the charms its posted there and u can allways add more ones :)

but the most important ones should be on nosuke thread for sure

#18 Ndog921

Ndog921

Basarios

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Kai:wish i had one :(
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

so i take that as a no on a port to mac? :unsure:
Posted Image
sig made by Aegid

#19 AthenaADP

AthenaADP

Asstral Armorsmith

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

@Nuno:
That is indeed one method, although I would prefer to devise an algorithm that automatically gave you some options for charms, e.g
3-slot charm (no skills)
+5 charm with 1 slot
+7 charm with 2 slots
etc.
And then after choosing that, the corresponding armor sets are displayed.

Since there are WAAAY fewer armors in Tri than MHFU, it doesn't need to be as efficient.

@Ndog921:I will not be porting this to Mac anytime soon, if ever. If I do, it will be after I get all the other features implemented (see first post).

Have you tried running it through Wine? I have absolutely no idea if it will work, but it's worth a shot, right?

Check out my MH3U ASS

#20 One

One

Legendary Canadian

• Clan Leader
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

For the possible mhtri charms: there are only 75 types of charms in the game, cant you just have it scan for what type of charm would be needed, then scan that charms possible combos? If you read the charm page on the wikia it shows all 75 types and explains the A/B/C lists.

Edit: On your picture in the first post, it says ~asset instead of Tasset.

Edited by The_One, 20 July 2010 - 05:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users