Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Jask : (30 October 2014 - 07:49 AM) I was at a friend's place for a horror tabletop game and we suddenly heard yelling and fireworks, for a fair amount of time.
@  Tuddle : (30 October 2014 - 07:05 AM) lvl World series champions, oh yeh :d
@  Halcyon Dtier : (30 October 2014 - 03:57 AM) lvl 29 in destiny, oh yeh
@  Basukesu : (28 October 2014 - 03:20 AM) Hmm, I just noticed that Safari on Yosemite actually looks at the background color of the webpage you are browsing and is mildly transparent if it is other than white thus spilling the color slightly into the window frame. Oo >< Damn you apple ! Little touches all over, but they still slowed down my Painter 12 >< GRRR!
@  BizzarreCoyote : (28 October 2014 - 03:08 AM) Then again, I need 6 people to even attempt this thing with in the first place. So yeah.
@  Basukesu : (28 October 2014 - 03:07 AM) It is obvious! (>' ')>`@ Cookie for you!
@  Basukesu : (28 October 2014 - 03:07 AM) Testosterone Pill Kick!
@  Mad Hatter : (28 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) You kids and your acronyms. Don't tell me; I'll figure it out.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (28 October 2014 - 01:04 AM) Just reading about the number of ways this Raid can TPK is ridiculous
@  Mad Hatter : (28 October 2014 - 12:14 AM) A good void weapon helps heaps.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (27 October 2014 - 11:46 PM) Still haven't even attempted the Vault of Glass. Not even kinda confident in my own abilities, or the abilities of my potential group.
@  Mad Hatter : (27 October 2014 - 09:47 PM) I hope to one day finish it. Preferably before the next raid comes out. Extra preferably before the first DLC drops.
@  Halcyon Dtier : (27 October 2014 - 09:46 PM) Destiny Raids are my bitch
@  Joker : (27 October 2014 - 11:08 AM) No doubt it's going to be getting lots of DLC and updates in order to remedy some of the problems but November has some pretty big games coming out that could knock Destiny's player pool down. I've heard rumblings from loads of players that say a horde mode would be great for Destiny and I have to agree. A survey showed that MOST people played PvE in the game anyway (explains why Bungie's latest update is all about PVP) so I think a horde mode would be great.
@  Joker : (27 October 2014 - 11:05 AM) Yeah, Destiny is a fun game to play but, for me at least, it's probably going to be taking a back-seat come November because there's a few games coming out that I'm REALLY looking forward to. I never followed Destiny when it was being hyped up so when I jumped on the bandwagon just as the game released, I never felt that sense of disappointment or anger when the game didn't deliver on what everyone thought it would. Still, I'm glad I picked it up because I do enjoy playing it and at the end of the day that's what matters most.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (27 October 2014 - 05:13 AM) Don't get me wrong: Destiny *is* a fun game, but so far, in the way that CoD games are. Play it through a few times, then forget all about it.
@  BizzarreCoyote : (27 October 2014 - 05:09 AM) I figured that was that case.

But yeah, Destiny feels like...half a game, to be honest. Like, a fuckton of lore is missing from the game itself, the dialogue seems...stiff sometimes, and there's just not too much to do.
@  Halcyon Dtier : (27 October 2014 - 02:19 AM) Feels = Reals
@  Mad Hatter : (27 October 2014 - 01:53 AM) But the base formula is fun. It's a shoot and loot with tight controls and cool looking guns.
@  Mad Hatter : (27 October 2014 - 01:49 AM) And I have to begrudgingly agree that Destiny still has a ways to go before it lives up to even a fraction of its potential.

Photo

MHP3 English Patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 Riven

Riven

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forum,

Been playing monster hunter for a while now and I gotta say, by far the best game on the psp both gameplay and graphics wise out there. So which much looking around I found the iso to the MHP3 Demo. Awesome demo. It was the japanese one of course and as I was playing I realised I didnt have much need for the item/message names as I bet most of us already know what the items are and look like and when your weapon sharpness goes down + warming effect expires. I was looking up the release date for MHP3 in europe and North America and I saw it would come out 8 months after the japanese release.

WHUT!? 8 months for some translation??? Even I could translate that stuff!! Potion, megapotion ...cant be hard. So I was wondering if the MHP2ndG was english patched within a few weeks, could that happen with MHP3? Anyone out there know how these sort of patchings work? Or who did it last time? Can we get in touch with them?

Now a quick question number two. Dont you all think its odd that monster hunter 3 had to cut like 4 weapon archetypes (bows, HH, GL, DS) and then put one new one in so effectively removing three weapons from the game. Keeping in mind this is a console version we now go to portable 3 who not only added the new weapon from MH3 but also kept ALL the weapons from the previous games while its a HANDHELD device!! So didnt they sort of seem to slack off with monster hunter Tri?

Sincerely,

The Riven

#2 Vuze

Vuze

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Bobo would kill me :excl:
Always the latest Monster Hunter News: http://youtube.com/MHVuze

#3 PrinnyDood

PrinnyDood

Basarios

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • PSN:None

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forum,

Been playing monster hunter for a while now and I gotta say, by far the best game on the psp both gameplay and graphics wise out there. So which much looking around I found the iso to the MHP3 Demo. Awesome demo. It was the japanese one of course and as I was playing I realised I didnt have much need for the item/message names as I bet most of us already know what the items are and look like and when your weapon sharpness goes down + warming effect expires. I was looking up the release date for MHP3 in europe and North America and I saw it would come out 8 months after the japanese release.

WHUT!? 8 months for some translation??? Even I could translate that stuff!! Potion, megapotion ...cant be hard. So I was wondering if the MHP2ndG was english patched within a few weeks, could that happen with MHP3? Anyone out there know how these sort of patchings work? Or who did it last time? Can we get in touch with them?

Now a quick question number two. Dont you all think its odd that monster hunter 3 had to cut like 4 weapon archetypes (bows, HH, GL, DS) and then put one new one in so effectively removing three weapons from the game. Keeping in mind this is a console version we now go to portable 3 who not only added the new weapon from MH3 but also kept ALL the weapons from the previous games while its a HANDHELD device!! So didnt they sort of seem to slack off with monster hunter Tri?

Sincerely,

The Riven

please do, we'll be waiting for ur work.

#4 Monkid

Monkid

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, i'm going to translate it as soon as i start playing. In the file called mhp3.txt or something like that, which i'll have to check often when playing.

#5 iceynyo

iceynyo

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

I guess the most essential thing would be some kind of dynamic table that lists item names in English and Japanese, and can be sorted by monster or by icon and icon color? That way people can quickly look up what kind of icons they need to look out for when hunting for items.

#6 VengefulTorture

VengefulTorture

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • PSN:VengefulTorture
  • Kai:VengefulTorture

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yeah I'll be anticipating an english patch for this, some of the monsters items can get confusing. For MHP2G there was a patch that was made, not sure how long it too but i'm sure people will be working hard on this one.
Don't worry about the weapons, those were just left out from the demo, they're still in the game.
"For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."
My Youtube

#7 HotGamerMum

HotGamerMum

Nocturnal Cookie Jar

• Administrators
  • 1,000,080 posts
  • PSN:Gmanda86
  • Kai:HotGamerMum
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Tsk Tsk Tsk...

hotgamermum-1-1.jpg

#8 Perestriker

Perestriker

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm thinking those got removed because of underwater combat. Maybe they are ineffective in water?
Hm i wouldn't say they slacked off with MHTri, they did a pretty good job with all those monsters, and with the new underwater gameplay. Though, I was still sad there's no Gunlance :(
damn claws you scary

#9 Astraeus

Astraeus

Infernal Lord

• Skinners
  • 1,008 posts
  • PSN:xTwilight_Reaper
  • Kai:{GL}Kaos
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

Actually, i dont want a patch. just go to mhp3.com . that site will have all the translations for every item.

BUT, i do know that some people have the tools for creating a patch. Now, obviously, one of these tools would be to decrypt the .bin files in the iso. therefore allowing you to get into the internal files and edit them.

I would like to know if anyone has the tools to create a patch. I dont want just the .bin one, but all of them. Simply, just to mess around and id also like to see what i could do about texture hacking. because obviously, the image and texture of the armors/weapons/monsters are going to be in there somewhere.

would you be willing to give me the tools?
Posted Image

#10 Monkid

Monkid

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

Actually, i dont want a patch. just go to mhp3.com . that site will have all the translations for every item.

What? This is a totally wrong site.

#11 Mr. Popo

Mr. Popo

Rep Whore

• Honorary
  • 403 posts
  • LocationAfghanistan

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hahahahahaha...I figured these topics would appear here eventually...
Halcyon-Dtier: My wife is awesome at whacking my peen
Halcyon-Dtier: I arrive like a tank through a brick wall

#12 Jask

Jask

Tastes Like Smexy

• Officers
  • 1,806 posts
  • PSN:JaskS
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

The eight months is just speculation right now, as Capcom has yet to announce an actual release date. It's not that bad, actually, Unite took 15 months, Tri took eight 8.5 months, F1 and F2 both took 6 months. Around six months is normal for a PSP game to be translated.

There's actually a lot of work that goes into bringing the games over. Not only do they have to translate all the names for items, gear, and monsters, they have to translate the quest info, item and gear descriptions, skills, info magazines, and dialog. The dialog and descriptions are actually a lot to work through. It also doesn't help that Japanese is more based on ideas, while English is more... I guess you could say object based. Translating from Japanese to English isn't as easy as A=B. They're also bringing a lot of new stuff into MHP3, so it's not as easy as copy and pasting from previous games.

But it doesn't stop there. They also have to localize it. There are lots of references, idioms, slang, dialect, and other terms that either don't translate well, or wouldn't make sense to westerners. They have to figure out how to re-write these things. A good example of this would be the Purse Bop hammer in Unite. The Japanese name for it is Fukurodataki (フクロダタキ), which translates to "to gang up on and beat up". However, when written in kanji, it's comprised of the kanji for "bag" and "bop". As you can see, not that easy to translate.

They also have to deal with legal issues. There has always been trouble with some for the download quests, as they've gotten Japanese companies to sponsor them, and can't bring those to the West without dealing with a bunch of red tape, and then people wouldn't know the companies well enough to catch the references. In the past, they just removed the quests and dummied out the items. Tri was the first time they handled it differently; they held a contest to create weapons, and replaced the sponsor items with those.

Even after localizing, they're still not done. They still have to go through the same stuff with the box art, disc art, and instruction manual. With these, it's more than just changing text, they have to edit images that have text embedded in them. Then they have to deal with marketting the game so that it will actually sell (they've had trouble with this part int he past), run it through the ESBR or what have you, and print out a sufficient amount of copies.

So really, eight months isn't that bad. Even for fan patches, it's not easy. TeamHGG was comprised of less than a dozen, and they were almost done with translating 2G when Unite was released.

The reason Tri had less content was they wanted to reboot the series. They started from scratch, changed how many of the mechanics (weapons, monsters, and more) worked, added a lot of features, and had an almost entirely new lineup of monsters. This was lot of work, and they couldn't copy from previous games. If they'd kept all the weapon types, it would have taken far longer to make. They would have had to design models and stats for all those weapons, make crafting lists, descriptions... So much more work. It also doesn't help that they were coding it a new platform. MHP3 will be using a lot of the systems and content from Tri, so that makes it easier for them. They've also had a fair amount of time to work on this new game. They probably set some people to star working on P3 near the end of Tri, then moved more people to the team after.

Yeah I'll be anticipating an english patch for this, some of the monsters items can get confusing. For MHP2G there was a patch that was made, not sure how long it too but i'm sure people will be working hard on this one.

The main reason the patch was made was that they took so long in confirming a Western release that we didn't think it would actually happen.

Important: please do not discuss how to open the files in the games, where to get the tools to do so, or getting ISOs of the game. We don't want Capcom's lawyers coming after us.

Edited by Jask, 21 November 2010 - 07:28 PM.

If you have any issues with the forum or with other members, please PM me. I'm here to help.
What's worse that a Stygian Zinogre? A JUMP Stygian Zinogre!

#13 SemajChaos

SemajChaos

Victus Lucifer

• Clan Leader
  • 3,034 posts
  • PSN:Sovereign_Chaos
  • LocationJapan

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

Tsk Tsk Tsk...

For those who don't know, we cannot legally discuss a patch for a game that has a definite release. ie if MHF3 gets confirmed for a date, it would become pirating for us to create a patch which involves all this shiz I am not at liberty to say... legally. Hehe. At least, that's how I interpret it.

ice had the best idea. An online table with translations.

†("ಠ_ಠ)OFFICIAL APPRENTICE OF DRAKO†

#14 Bobofango

Bobofango

Basarios

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • PSN:bobofango86
  • Kai:Mr_Bobo
  • LocationAfghanistan

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

Bobo would kill me :excl:

i would rip your guts out and feed them to my dog.

A patch does nothing but further promote piracy, as evidence of your "God Eater work" and HGG's mhp2g patch.

Honestly, if you can't play the game without English, then wait for the localizations. But of course pirates don't have jobs, so an english patch is bound to be made.

Edited by Bobofango, 22 November 2010 - 08:31 AM.

#15 HotGamerMum

HotGamerMum

Nocturnal Cookie Jar

• Administrators
  • 1,000,080 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Bobo, teamhgg's patch was made coz Capcom did not announce an English version of it.

We did stop the moment we heard that NA version was coming out.

Seriously Bobo, you are annoying me alot. You want to be elitist, go to gamefaqs.

hotgamermum-1-1.jpg

#16 ShadowFang

ShadowFang

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

yea, i'm having some issues there on greif-faqs myself about exhaust values, and they won't stop going herp-derp about it. just wanted to share some info. but anyways, a patch isnt really needed, would be helpful, but you can play match the characters on any of the translation sites that are in the works

Edited by ShadowFang, 22 November 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#17 HotGamerMum

HotGamerMum

Nocturnal Cookie Jar

• Administrators
  • 1,000,080 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

We will make sure minegarde has the guides needed for people who needs help with the text and all.

hotgamermum-1-1.jpg

#18 VioletKIRA

VioletKIRA

Plessy Queen

• Master Scribe
  • 404 posts
  • LocationChristmas Island

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

Firstly, HGG did the right thing by ceasing patch development from the moment MHFU was announced. I don't think a lot of people respected this enough.

Secondly, (and this is purely my opinion): Anyone who makes an English patch knowing that there will be a release (When MH3JP came out, MH3EN's announcement was 1 week later, so please let the game actually come out first) is simply selfish. Do you want another Lavasioth? Another Hiphopnocamatreece? Think of all the people who aren't playing MHP3 and are waiting MHF3, don't you think they deserve better?

You get one shot at a patch before Capcom smartens the f*** up, no more than that.

But upon saying that, without a doubt a patch will be made, humans are greedy... so if YOU *points finger* reading this right now want to make one, make sure it has VERY VERY inaccurate translations so when Capcom pays their translation team to do it, they can translate it 'naturally' and have as much 'freedom' *pun intended* as possible. Yeah it's the same translation team every single game... can't remember their name (a bunch of numbers iirc, look at the credits). E.g. weapon names should be [monster] + [weapon type], Dobo Hammer for example. Don't translate it word for word.

The English community is very lucky to actually have an English version in the first place. Chinese? Korean? Not so lucky, if I'm not mistaken. It could change for MHP3 though.

#19 Bobofango

Bobofango

Basarios

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • PSN:bobofango86
  • Kai:Mr_Bobo
  • LocationAfghanistan

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Bobo, teamhgg's patch was made coz Capcom did not announce an English version of it.

We did stop the moment we heard that NA version was coming out.

Seriously Bobo, you are annoying me alot. You want to be elitist, go to gamefaqs.

y u mad?

I never said you didn't stop. That's respected. I'm just saying, it should have been realized from the start of the project that it was gonna get a whole bunch of people who otherwised wouldn't have cared to pirate the game. I don't understand how any of that is "elitist". Seems like you are the one who hangs around GF more to be using that term

Edited by Bobofango, 22 November 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#20 Jmo1link

Jmo1link

EbilJoe

• Honorary
  • 234 posts
  • PSN:jmo1link
  • Kai:Jmo1link(inactive)
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

I'm just saying, it should have been realized from the start of the project that it was gonna get a whole bunch of people who otherwised wouldn't have cared to pirate the game.

PSP games get pirated all the time, with or without an english patch, it's inevitable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users